- NOT RATED
- 124 min
- 31 Views
Today you are full-fledged ensigns.
- Field, factory, | office and college.
Each of you knew | what the fighting was about.
Each of you knew that the American | way of life must be defended.
Good luck and good hunting.
Willie, over here!
- Darling, I'm so proud of you. | - Congratulations, Willie.
I hope the Navy | makes full use of your abilities.
Good luck for now.
But the party's in your honour.
I'll see you at ten.
- You were wonderful. | - Your mother let you out?
I had to be with her. I should | have told you yesterday. I'm sorry.
- Get me a drink, then we'll fight. | - Leo, two Scotch and waters.
- There's a time for everything. | - I'm sure.
- May, stop it. | - I'm sorry, Willie.
I didn't mean to ruin your evening. | I just bruise easily.
What do we do to celebrate?
We can go to the Fairmont... | Or we don't have to go to a club.
- Meaning what? | - I've only got 48 hours.
- Willie, don't. | - May, I love you.
All right. | Will you marry me?
If there were more time...
I didn't expect you to.
I don't want any more of it. | Not another minute.
- Good luck, Mr Keith. | - Thanks, George.
Cable me from Pearl Harbour. | Your ship's been in lots of battles.
- Mother, please don't cry. | - You're all I have left.
I won't. I promise. | Goodbye, sweetheart.
Request permission | to come on board.
This way, Keith.
Watch that enthusiasm. | This is the Caine.
- I'm sorry, I lost my footing. | - This is Lieutenant Tom Keefer.
- I hate to do this to you. | - Gangway, lady with a baby!
Meatball, Horrible, | pick up Mr Keith's gear.
Steve's the guy | who gets things done.
Come on, let's meet the captain.
- Watch your feet, sir! | - Come on, Keith!
- What do you want? | - He's here, sir.
- Bring him in. | - In here, Keith.
Captain DeVriess, | this is Ensign Keith.
May I see your orders, | or are they a military secret?
I'm sorry, sir.
Top five percent | in midshipman's school...
Pretty good background, | pretty good record.
- Disappointed it's a minesweeper? | - To be honest, yes, sir.
I only hope that | you're good enough for the Caine.
Translate and read this script in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Discuss this The Caine Mutiny script with the community:
Use the citation below to add this screenplay to your bibliography:
"The Caine Mutiny" Scripts.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2019. Web. 15 Jun 2019. <https://www.scripts.com/script/the_caine_mutiny_19877>.