- NOT RATED
- 121 min
- 166 Views
(0.00 / 0 votes)
Heave the starboard line!
Heave the port line.
Make fast starboard line.
Keep your fingers crossed.|We may have some luck.
- What did you say?|- Pardon. The boat sails at 4:00.
Here you are.|Two sacks this time.
- How's the talent this trip?|- Very bad.
- Not much to choose from, huh?|- You can have my shares.
- This all you've got on board?|- There's not one you'd give that for.
Wait a minute!|Look at that!
- What a pretty mouse!|- Who hung that on you?
Oh, no. We have had some bad weather.|I fell against a doorknob.
You oughta cut its fingernails.
- Boat leaves at 4:00 in the morning.|- I'll be here.
- I thought you said...|- You chump. That's the doorknob.
We've got work to do.
Be careful, boys.
Wait a minute.|Take it easy.
- Come on, we'll try again.|- Easy does it.
It wasn't me, lady.|He thought it up by himself.
- We were just gonna buy you a drink.|- Are you Americans?
Gee-willikers! Why didn't you say so?|I'm gonna buy you a drink!
- Then you won't need this.|- Come on.
Sure good to hear something that doesn't|sound like pig latin. Where're you from?
He's Les Peters and I'm Joe Souther.|New York and Kansas.
- What's your name?|- Lee.
- Lee what?|- Bonnie Lee from Brooklyn.
Too bad you didn't break your neck.
Who saw her first?
Here you are, Dutchy.
- Meet Miss Lee.|- How do you do?
I've always wanted...
proprietor of the bar on your left...
- How 'bout a drink?|- Sure! Sit down.
- Make mine bourbon.|- Me, too.
Well me, too.
Why don't you have one with us?
Does it seem good|to be off that boat!
Nothing.|You're sure easy on the eyes.
Same as everybody else,|working for the Dutchman.
- What's that?|- We fly mail and things here and there.
- Skoal!|- To us.
- Down the hatch.|- Happy landings.
What are you doing down here?|On your way back to the States?
- Yep, if I don't get a job in Panama.|- A professional!
I quit a show at Valparaiso.|These are on me.
- Don't do that.|- I said I wanted to buy you a drink.
Wait a minute. If you take his money,|I'll never step foot in this place.
I'll starve, but I won't|come in here again.
I better take his money.
If you take his money, I'll never|come in again. Who asked first?
- I meant what I said.|- So did I.
The drinks are on the house!|Satisfied?
- Very well satisfied.|- That's a shame. He's so cute.
Dutchy, come on back.|No more monkey business.
Discuss this script with the community:
Translate and read this script in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add this screenplay to your bibliography:
"Only Angels Have Wings" Scripts.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2021. Web. 18 Apr. 2021. <https://www.scripts.com/script/only_angels_have_wings_15296>.