- 127 min
- 4,276 Views
- Here we go, Nick.|- All right
- Good morning, Detective.|- I want a shot of the two detectives.
Keep it back, folks.
- Howdy.|- Morning.
- How's it going, Gus?|- Morning, Pete.
- Who was this f***ing guy?|- Rock and roll, Gus. Johnny Boz.
- Hey, Ronny, where they hiding?|- Upstairs, to the right.
Mid '60s, had five or six hits.|Got a club down on Fillmore now.
Not now, he don't.
- Do we have a time of death?|- Almost.
- Do you guys know Captain Tallcott?|- Sure.
- You get that stuff out of the wall?|- I got it.
- What's it say, Doc?|- Ninety-two degrees. About six hours.
Puts time of death|at around 2:00 a.m.
- She's not a live-in.|- Maybe the maid did it.
- No bruises on the body.|- It ain't the maid.
- What was it?|- Ice pick. Left it in the living room.
There's come stains|all over the sheets.
- Very impressive.|- He got off before he got off.
Gentlemen, this is sensitive.
Mr. Boz was a major contributor|to the mayor's campaign.
I thought he was a rock and roll star.
He was a retired|rock and roll star.
A civic-minded, very respectable|rock and roll star.
Then, what's that over there?
Looks like civic-minded,|very respectable cocaine.
Listen to me, Curran.|I'm gonna get a lot of heat on this.
I don't want any mistakes.
What's Boz's girlfriend's name?
"Catherine Tramell, 162 Divisadero."
Tied up like that,|he didn't stand a chance.
Johnny and the mayor|must have been very tight.
Nick, keep your 3:00.
You want me to work the case...
- I said, keep it!|- All right.
I'll keep it.
Sit, please.|Just a moment.
Ain't that cute?|They got his and hers Picasso's.
- I didn't know you knew a Picasso.|- Sure I do. It says right here.
Hers is bigger.
- Are you vice?|- No, we're homicide.
What do you want?
When was the last time|you saw John Boz?
Is he dead?
Why do you think he's dead?
Well, you wouldn't be here|otherwise, would you?
Were you with him last night?
You're looking for Catherine, not me.
- Who are you?|- I'm Roxy.
I'm her friend.
Well, Roxy, do you know|where your friend is?
You're wasting your time.
Catherine didn't kill him.
- We're with the San Francisco Police...|- I know who you are.
So, how did he die?
He was murdered.
- How was he murdered?|- With an ice pick.
How long were you dating him?
I wasn't dating him.|I was f***ing him.
What are you, a pro?
No, I'm an amateur.
How long were you|having sex with him?
About a year and a half.
- Were you with him last night?|- Yes.
Did you leave the club with him?
- Yes.|- Did you go home with him?
No. We had a drink at the club.|We left together.
He went home,|and I came out here.
Was there anyone|with you last night?
No. I wasn't in the mood|last night.
Let me ask you something,|Miss Tramell.Rate this script:3.0 / 2 votes
Discuss this script with the community:
Translate and read this script in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add this screenplay to your bibliography:
"Basic Instinct" Scripts.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 29 Sep. 2023. <https://www.scripts.com/script/basic_instinct_3643>.