Joe! I need for you to come inside now!
Your father's having one of his turns.
- HE SHOUTS:
- In a minute!
- FROM GRAMOPHONE:
- '..A minute... A minute... A minute...'
'A minute... A minute... A minute... A minute...'
'60s BEAT MUSIC
'That's Thursday, eight o'clock, Harper's West One.'
- Would sir need any assistance?
- I'm... They're recording my song.
Well, then, you'll do. I need to have a word about my ceiling.
- Sorry, I can't...
- I'm the landlady. This is my building.
- I can't help. I only just...
- It's none of my business,
but they've had some very odd types up there.
- What do you make of that? It's all black and treacly.
- Some sort of glue. They've only been here a fortnight.
- Oh, dear.
I only hope it doesn't add up to nothing.
- Sorry. Just a bit...
- Shy? Not much good for a pop star.
- Off the telly.
- Of course he is, dear. Now, come on. Let's find trouble.
Oh, Major, you'll do. I've had a disaster in my stockroom.
Just arrived myself, Violet, dear.
- Joe will be down as soon as he's spotted.
- Thank you.
go lovely with them brogues.
- Anton, isn't it?
- Anton Hollywood, pianist?
- Well, no.
he doesn't feel you've got what it takes.
And if you've come for compensation, you can trot off back to wherever the hell...
No, it's Geoff, not just Geoff. Geoff Goddard.
- Oh! The author! Tunesmith!
- Composer, yes, of course.
So you're Goddard, are you? Read Goddard, didn't think Hollywood.
- No, well, you wouldn't.
- This is a very good...opportunity. And...
- Very touching.
- I'm in plastics.
- Donegan? Lonnie Donegan?
- That's the chap! Expanding market, see?
Good business opportunity. Met Joe, thought, "That's my boy.
That'll be the last time anyone uses that this morning.
Carry on singing, I'll be back in a minute.
Oh, hello, Geoff! I know what you're thinking, why are they singing in the toilet?
it'll sound more like a...like a cathedral! Do you need to go?
Translate and read this script in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Discuss this Telstar: The Joe Meek Story script with the community:
Use the citation below to add this screenplay to your bibliography:
"Telstar: The Joe Meek Story" Scripts.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2019. Web. 11 Dec. 2019. <https://www.scripts.com/script/telstar%3A_the_joe_meek_story_19486>.