- Get up, get up!|- No!
Come on, this is gonna be|your big day.
We don't want to miss|this opportunity.
- All right?|- Who's coming today?
You know who's comin'.
- Bobby. Bobby!|- We got to, we got to.
Watch out! No, no!
April, you got to hurry up.
Okay, I'll be right there.
Here I come.
- Honey...|- Dad!
Have you seen your mother?|I can't find your mother.
Where are you?
I don't know. Who?
- Mother?|- Mommy?
Okay, everybody, let's move it!
- You need this?|- Yeah, I think so.
- Here.|- Uh-uh. No.
Hot, hot, hot!
Hi, Mom. How you feelin'?
- Great.|- That's good.
- How'd I do?|- You did great.
Thought you'd think so.
- Do you have your camera?|- Absolutely.
- You sure?|- Positively.
- I know it's here somewhere.|- What's taking so long?
asking us to come|all the way to New York.
Should Mom even be traveling?
Sweetie, if not now, when?
It's just... I offered to make the meal,|but that would've been too easy.
Honestly, Daddy, what makes her think|she can cook all of a sudden?
And who got an "A" in Home Ec?
And you know how proud|we are of that, honey.
- Could you zip me up, please?|- Of course.
Okay, it's gotta|be here somewhere.
- Honk the horn.|- I'm sure they'll be right out.
- Honk the horn, please.|- We'll wake the neighbors.
Screw the neighbors,|honk the goddamn horn.
Look, the zipper|is not the problem.
Actually, it kind of is.
No, Dad, the zipper's|not the problem.
April is the problem.
Okay, okay, here they come.
- Hey. How you feeling?|- Great.
- Nauseous, dizzy?|- I feel great.
- How'd you sleep?|- I slept great.
The camera... it's not here.
You know, Mom,|all you have to say is,
"I don't feel up to it,"|and we'll all understand.
- What now?|- Forgot my camera.
- Oh, Jesus. Where's your tie?|- Do I have to wear a tie?
- You did not just ask me that.|- No, sir.
- No numbness or discomfort?|- No.
- Headaches?|- No.
- Nauseous, dizzy?|- You asked that already.
All you have to say is,|"I don't feel up to it. "
Is that all I have to say?
Do you feel sweaty, clammy?
- Because all you have to say...|- Beth, shut up.
Morning, honey.|How are you feeling?
You can never have|enough silverware.
Look at these plates.
Where did you get these?
Those are salt and pepper.
I know what they're for.|Where did you get them?
From the store.
We had these when I was a kid.
The one time|Joy let me hold them, she said,
"Be careful. They're worth|more than you are. "
Next yea r, t hey were gohe
So, what happened?
A hammer I was holding|fell on them.
How much were they?
It wasn't cheap.
How much did they cost?
They were 50 cents.
You got yourself a deal.
I'm sorry. I didn't know.
Hey, we've got|a lot of cookin' to do.
At 375 degrees|and fully stuffed,
a 15-pound turkey|will take five hours to cook
if you figure|20 minutes a pound.
Leave an hour to cool.
- What are you saying?|- We got time.
Mashed potatoes, gravy.|Sweet potatoes...
cut up, melt some butter,|sprinkle on brown sugar.
Green bean casserole|made with green bean stuff,
Translate and read this script in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Discuss this Pieces of April script with the community:
Use the citation below to add this screenplay to your bibliography:
"Pieces of April" Scripts.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2019. Web. 13 Nov. 2019. <https://www.scripts.com/script/pieces_of_april_15877>.