Mo' Better Blues
- 130 min
- 1,596 Views
Universal. Y'all been large for years.|Yo, Spike, start the movie, G.
Flavor Flav, you've done it again.
He's gotta come outside.
Every time we waste our time here,|we always missin' games.
- You coming out to play?|- You're wasting time on him.
l know, man. Yo, Bleek!
We're going to miss the game!
Boys, please be quiet!
Sorry, Mrs Gilliam, we wanted to know|if Bleek can come out.
l understand that,|but this noise has got to stop.
- Psst!|- Oh, man!
l told you to tell your friends|not to come around.
Leave the boy alone.
- Oan l go outside now?|- When you've finished.
- What about then?|- We'll see.
- Let the boy be a boy, have some fun.|- He could be a bum for all you care.
Running the streets with those kids.
Almost wlthln walklng dlstance|of Forbes Fleld.
He ls just 21 years old.
That child's going to drive me|up the wall. Go tell them to go home.
- You don't let me do nothing.|- You hear what l said?
Go tell him to go home.
Are you coming out?
Yo, Ty,|what'd l tell you about that stuff?
- Are you coming out?|- When l'm done.
- Done what?|- Finished my lesson.
- Forget him.|- We're going.
- l said l'll see you later.|- l'm glad my moms ain't like your moms.
- She lets me do whatever l want.|- Me, too.
- Come on down, you f***ing bum!|- Giant, who you cursing at?
- You!|- You're a effing bum.
- l'll see you later.|- We'll see you later, mama's boy.
- Sissy.|- Who you calling a sissy?
- You!|- You're a sissy, sissy.
When l finish my lessons,|l'll come down.
- Man, he does this every time.|- Thanks for nothing.
We'll win the game without you.
Bleek!|Get your butt out of that window.
Throw the ball, man!
Mommy,|l never get to play with my friends.
Now they callin' me a sissy.|l ain't no sissy.
- A sissy?!|- Don't pay those fools no mind.
l'm sick and tired of the trumpet.|l hate the trumpet!
All the money l paid for that horn?|You must be losing your mind.
- You better play that trumpet.|- Look...
That child will drive me up the wall.
- Don't say that.|- l can say it if l want to...
You got a lot of time|to be with your friends.
- Like when?|- l don't want you to grow up like them.
- After your lessons.|- l have to play this stupid trumpet.
- This instrument can be your friend.|- Shut up! Shut up!
- l'm not having this.|- We'll go to a game.
- l don't want to go.|- l got a game on, OK?
- Go look at it.|- You spoiled him rotten.
He's not worth a damn. Listen.|Shut up! Don't you talk back to me.
l want you to pick up the horn,|and you're going to play the scales.
Do you hear me?|And you're going to do it right now.
Boy, l think you better do|what your mother says, OK? Now?
Moose ls worklng on a no-hltter.
l still hate it.
Good boy. Damn. l'm missing the game.|lt's for the pennant here.
He's a chucker, man.|He comes off the bench shooting, Bleek.
Never gonna see no pass from this guy.|He's a selfish ballplayer.
You need to get rid of him.
lt's your team. lt's your band.|You're the coach. Fire his ass.
Every night, three-hour solos.|Bleek, what's up?
lt's your band.
Get rid of this guy.|Go out there and play.
Bleek, just talk to the guy, all right?
Talk to him.
Left Hand Lacey on the piano.
The earl himself.|The earl of rhythm.
- Rhythm Jones on the drums.|- Thank you. Thank you.
On the bottom, the bass,|Bottom Hammer.
- Rock bottom, that's my man!|- Bottom Hammer.
On tenor and soprano saxophone,|Shadow Henderson.
- Shadow Henderson.|- Shadow, l love you.Rate this script:4.9 / 8 votes
Translate and read this script in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add this screenplay to your bibliography:
"Mo' Better Blues" Scripts.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 21 Mar. 2023. <https://www.scripts.com/script/mo'_better_blues_13901>.
Discuss this script with the community:
We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.
If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly.
You need to be logged in to favorite.