- 102 min
- 9 Views
people happy?" continued Giovanni. "I don't know,"
Campanella muttered. "Anyway, we're going to hold on!"
with new-found energy. from Kenji Miyazawa's
"Night on the Galactic Railroad" How many years
we once lived. To our old home,
full of so many memories. To our lost island. Miss Sawako, we're almost
at the island. So we are. We've finally come back.
What's it been, 50 years? It brings back a lot
of memories, doesn't it? Not for me. I get rid of things I don't want
even if I want to. I'm sure it's the same
for you, Junpei. I suppose it is. Our old home. The island
Giovanni and Campanella's island. - July, 1945...
- July, 1945. Eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs... Over here! Look at me!
Look at me! No one's home! - You can have the floaters, Kanta!
- No fair, Brother! Got 'em. The floaters are the ones
- Hurry! - Good afternoon, ladies!
- Hi, Junpei! - Delivery, ma'am!
- It's so big! Look! - Delivery, ma'am!
- Thank you, Kanta. Have a good day, everyone! - Hello!
- Hello! - Hey, boys!
- I wish I had their energy! Cock-a-doodle-doo! - We're home!
- We're home! - Oh, there you are.
- That smells so good! - I'll cook you up some.
This is an air raid alert! More than 100 dive bombers
shelter immediately! Air raid alert!
for their guns to reach. - Let's go to the shelter.
- Hurry. - Dad!
- Dad! - Hurry and get to the shelter.
of the island's defense forcr. Well, in fact the real soldiers,
called the Dawn Corps, are holed up
in the mountains. He was basically the head of
the village's fire brigade. The war's finally come
- I couldn't hear very well... - It's over...
- The war is over. August 1 5th. Japan... was defeated. Dad... Don't worry. Even if the war is lost, as long
a fisherman has to fish. I'll have Kanta
do it today. Kanta, will you
read this for us? Yes, sir. "'What on earth can I do
hung his head. 'Who's to say it wasn't for the best?
Translate and read this script in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Discuss this Giovanni's Island script with the community:
Use the citation below to add this screenplay to your bibliography:
"Giovanni's Island" Scripts.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2020. Web. 4 Aug. 2020. <https://www.scripts.com/script/giovanni%27s_island_8981>.