[ Man ]|Number 14...
Eliza Naumann, Oakland Tribune,|Oakland, California.
[ Sighs ]
to something special...
My father told me once...
that I could reach|the ear of God.
[ Woman ]|Eliza?
I"m Scott Shaffer. On today"s show,|people from all over the country-
At issue are-
Ron says the Alfa's|gonna be ready this afternoon.
- Great.|- So I"ll pick it up and stop for groceries.
- Okay.|- Hey.
Hey, what are you doing?|That's my breakfast.
- I'll see you later.|- Yeah, see you.
[ Car Door Closes ]
[ Eliza ]|Bye.
- Got your lunch?|- Mm-hmm.
Bye, sweetheart.|I'll call after school.
- Okay.|- Okay. Bye-bye.
- Thanks, Mom.|- [ Car Door Closes ]
[ Boy ]|Hey, wait up.!
[ Man ]|Eliza, let"s try "possibility. "
[ Eliza ]|"Possibility. "
- I-T-Y. ''Possibility.''|- Correct.
Courtney. "Graphite. "
- Correct.|- [ Girl ] O-R-O-W-
- [ Man ] That"s incorrect.|- [ Boy ] L-I-
[ Man ] Incorrect. I"m sorry.|You"re excused.
- [ Boy ] C-L-T-|- [ Man ] "Placebo. "
- P-L-A-|- [ Man ] "Random. " "Indemnity. "
- I-N-|- "Flux. "
- ''Flux.''|- "Fluorescent. "
- [ Eliza ] F-L-U-O-|- [ Man ] "Archaeology. "
[ Eliza ]|A-R-C-H-A-E...
- O-L-O-G-Y.|- [ Sighs ]
We"ve got Louis, Thomas-|We"ve got-So, that"s James.
Look again. Uh, 1 90;
Topics in Religious Studies,|the Upanishads.
I could do that or-
[ Continues ]
- Coffee? Thanks.|- On the stove.
[ Mr. Naumann ] Do you understand|a word you"re saying?
- I understand a lot of it.|- Yeah? Okay.
- No, not sacrifices.|- ...uh, starts-
- You're being a bully.|- A bully?
[ Scoffs ] Maybe, but why shouldn't|he know what he's saying?
Isn"t God in the words?|See, God is the words.
The spoken words,|the utterances.
How do we reach|the ear of God, Aaron?
MostJews don't understand|what they're saying in services.
You missed a spot.
You"re slipping. Come on. Let"s go.|Let"s play. Let"s go.
- Come on.|- We'll finish this later.
Hey, what do you think|about changing the tempo-
I love this piece.|You been working on this?
[ Violin, Classical ]
[ CelloJoins In ]
- [ Continues ]|- Good night, honey.
[ Rock ]
Discuss this script with the community:
Translate and read this script in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)