The next day
you swear it's all true
That's what happens
when you're a prisoner
And I'm a prisoner
I'm a prisoner of life
[Whistling, Smattering Of Applause]
I told you I canceled the Times, right?
Stopped the mail.
All you have to do is come in
Didn't I put it on the, um, fridge?
- I got it written -
- Just come back tomorrow morning.
- You are gonna -
- I -Your fish are gonna be fine.
What about the lionfish?
Feeding the lionfish?
- That was just a joke, honey!
- No, no, no, no. No, no.
- Lionfish like goldfish.
- That's what you wrote down.
- Yes. You feed them live goldfish.
- I thought you were joking.
- You do that.
Earthquakes, water shortages...
fires, mud slides...
- [Woman, Children Talking, Indistinct]
- Crime, gang warfare, massive overcrowding.
"His mother's name was Speckled Hen.
What will our lives be like
- [Helicopter Blades Whirring]
Short Cuts (1993)
Synopsis: Short Cuts is a 1993 American comedy-drama film, directed by Robert Altman. Filmed from a screenplay by Altman and Frank Barhydt, it is inspired by nine short stories and a poem by Raymond Carver.